16 June 2011

These are a Few of My Favorite Things

It occurred to me today, as I was standing in the office supply aisle of CVS, that many random little things can make me inexplicably happy. So I've decided to compile a list of some of these things for your perusal. Don't judge too harshly, okay?

  • New pens -- you know, the really nice ones that write super smoothly and never gum up with ink at the tip like the cheap pens do.

  • Notebooks, journals, paper in general
  • Sharpies
  • Cheepers on a summer night
  • Books

  • Puppies and kittens and babies
  • When a customer says "May I please have..." instead of "I want..." or "Give me..."
  • Coffee
  • New clothes and shoes
  • Thunderstorms
  • Little kids' imaginations

  • Seeing friends unexpectedly
  • Blankets
  • Crochet, knitting, or sewing
  • Binge cleaning
  • Being awake before anyone else
  • Comments on my blog (ahem)
  • Brothers

  • Falling asleep on the couch after a big meal while watching TV with my parents
  • Sisters-in-law
  • New cosmetics--makeup, hair styling products, shower essentials
  • Baths
  • Family Guy
  • Baby Susie and Pink Bear
  • Bath, England

  • British accents
  • James Joyce
Okay, I'm getting bored, but I think that's a sufficiently random list. What strange things make you happy? I urge you to spend some time thinking about it, and then indulge in them, often.

No comments:

Post a Comment